Thursday, June 29, 2006

random things

random things that are on my mind:

- stressed about lab...but in a good way? you know how they say a little stress is good? i.e. that it gets us to get stuff done? i'm hoping that's the kind of stress i'm feeling. ever since i talked to enrique and he basically told me i needed to "earn" my vacation in november (for going to worlds in australia), i've been a little anxious about putting in enough hours, getting enough done in lab. even had anxiety dreams about it. and add to that, that i'm starting someting new (TIRFM!) which requires me to bug people in another lab (a lot), and i've got enough stress, thank you very much.

- sprained ankle. still not fully recovered from ankle sprain sustained may 28. but i was able to play in boston invite this past weekend. knowing i'm OK enough to play is so so so so so great. i still don't know why i'm so slow to heal, but i can deal. got to focus on rehab (doing my exercises) and staying in shape through cross-training. stressful, hard, but doable.

- match.com. why did i sign up? why am i still doing it? i'm coming to realize on-line dating is not for me. it's stressful for me to reject people (havne't had to deal too much with rejection, oddly enough). highlights my insecurities, when it comes to actually meeting people. dealing with this ben guy currently. seems nice and funny enough...so why don't i want to go on a date with him?

- still being tired/fatigued sometimes. skipped out on elissa's farewell dinner last night. slept 16 hours. got into lab at 1, blowing off meeting with joshua in lab. blah. is it just my iron definiciency? is it some other medical issue? is it depression-related?

- still not eating great, sometimes, a lot of the times. bingeing. blah. blah blah!

- i feel fat.

- need to make appointment with dr. spivac, but i'm afraid he's going to yell at me for taking my dad's pills, instead of filling my Rx's.

- i could go on: i need to get a haircut, get my oil changed (and also brake light fixed), call gas co., make dentist appt...

time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home