Wednesday, January 11, 2006

long december (change and time)

I can’t remember all the times I tried to tell my myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass
And it’s one more day up in the canyon
And it’s one more night in hollywood
It’s been so long since I’ve seen the ocean...I guess I should


change. sometimes it happens without us wanting to. other times it takes so much for it to happen. sometimes we must fight for the status quo. other times we must fight to make things different.

time. sometimes it passes too quickly. other times not quickly enough. sometimes its passage brings positive results (fading of painful memory). other times its passage represents lost opportunity (too old to do X).

the solution to these conundrums? perserverence, to endure the struggle to combat and accelerate change. wisdom, to know when to resist and when to promote change. serenity, to accept and be content with the things we cannot change. patience, to outlast the slowly passing days. initiative, to take advantage of every day we are alive. hope, to start over the next day as eager to face change and time as the day before. strength, to never give up. and friends, to help guide you and to share the journey with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home