Tuesday, July 17, 2007

miscellaneousness

that's really the noun form of miscellaneous, btw. i swear. oh, and "ginormous" is now officially a word in the Miriam Webster Dictionary. it's actually been around since 1940.

i just realized how boring my last post (except for the part about my grandma) must be for most of you...well everyone, in fact. i'll try to make tournament re-caps more exciting from now on. i will at least include stories about drinking.

oh i can add a few right now: we played credit card roulette at dinner saturday night. it's a thrilling experience, and THANK GOD my card wasn't picked -- MikeRo's was. except i've given him the nickname MilkShake, because between games on saturday he drank a milkshake and then had a bunch of turns in the next game and blamed them on the milkshake. weak. so dinner was on milkshake.

the hotel we were staying at had a pool, which was sooooo nice after a long hot day of ultimate. i apparently flashed steve for like 5 minutes, before bird was nice enough to tell me my nipple was hanging out of my suit. i hate swim suits. i should just stick with the sports bra & spandex "suit". functional, fashionable, and never falls off.

enough about this weekend. the real reason i am posting is to say that i caved and bought some crocs while i was up in montreal. they are one of those things i swore i'd never buy, like a cell phone or cable TV. i got a not outrageous color (gray) and walking in them is like a little mini massage all day long. and you can run in them. i know, because i had to sprint in the airport to make my flight back from chicago, and they stayed on my feet and were comfortable to run in. i won't be going on any 5-mile jogs in them anytime soon, but i feel confident that i can sprint to make planes, catch buses, or evade cops in them.

also, my grandma is doing better. she's breathing on her own, and if things continue to go well, will be out of the ICU by tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

I liked the tournament recap! Keep the "boring" parts for me at least, so I can keep up with how you guys are doing this season :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home